Terms and Conditions
Our commitment to you.
- We at Travel East understand that total satisfaction of your holiday with us is as important to you as it is vital to us.
- In this competitive industry, it is essential that you are booking with a trustworthy and reputable company that can deliver the holiday you have planned and waited for, and at a very competitive price.
- Here at Travel East we have the expertise, experience and commitment to ensure that your holiday with us will surpass all of your expectations.
- With our quality and personalised service and with our knowledge and experience of local tour guides, tours and locations, you are guaranteed the most interesting and varied Vietnam experience available.
- Should you wish to travel in 5-star luxury or basic 3-star, or a day by day experience with the locals, we can accommodate those and any standard in between.
- Because we do personalized tours to suit your wishes, we have the flexibility to vary our tours to take in more interesting and local features than other tour companies.
- From the ‘Hidden charm’ of Vietnam, to the peaceful Laos, from the ‘Golden Land’ of Myanmar to the ‘Land of Smiles’ Thailand, there are so many different places, people and ways of life here in the Southeast Asia, that we are sure you will want to return again and again, and tell your friends what company to travel with.
- We can organize plane, train, boat, car, bus, motorbike and cyclo travel to vary your travel experience.
- As part of your experience with Travel East we also need you to understand your obligations with our organization as stated below.
Please take the time to read and study our Terms and Conditions which will form part of the agreement between your self and Travel East.
- The contract between us:
The contract includes an agreed itinerary and your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
The contract becomes binding when you advise us of your acceptance of the final draft and at that time you advise us to proceed with making reservations for the agreed itinerary, and you pay the deposit.
The parties indicated herein include:
Travel East JSC who is hereafter referred to Travel East.
The individual person or organization who has committed to booking services with Travel East JSC who is hereafter referred to as the Client.
- Tour price:
Tour prices are quoted per person in US Dollars with exact validity at the end of the programme/email. Prices are net and inclusive of service charge and 10% VAT tax. Please check with your personal Tour operator for confirmation of prices prior to booking. The final price will be clearly stated in our Invoice and the payment instruction.
- Payment policy:
Apart from payments by bank transfer, we accept all major credit and debit cards except American Express. Please note that card payments will incur a 3% fee calculated at the time of card processing.
A deposit of 30% of the total booking value is required at the time you confirm to book the tour for booking arrangement. Balance payment must be paid 21 days before you start the tour/service.
In case of the balance payment not reaching our account by the due date, we reserve the right to cancel all bookings and the contract between us.
- Cancellation policy:
- Cancellation by you:
Cancellation date will be considered as the day we receive your notification of cancellation in writing.
If you cancel the tour/service from 21 days or more prior to the commencing day, you will lose your deposit.
If you can cancel the tour/service from 20 – 0 days, you will get no refund.
- Cancellation by us:
We reserve the right to cancel the contract between us for any reason prior to your payment of the full price of the holiday, whereupon we will refund any monies that you have paid us in full. After full payment has been made, we will only cancel the contract if circumstances beyond our control make it unavoidable. In the unlikely event that such circumstances should arise, we will contact you immediately and offer you the choice of an alternative holiday of equivalent quality or a full refund of all monies paid. No additional compensation will be paid over and above the total sum received from you as payment.
- Refund of Unused Services:
No refund, credit or exchange can be made for the accommodation, meals, transportation, admission fees or any other service which is included in the tour price but not utilized by the client.
Travel East shall not under any circumstances be liable, in contract, tort or otherwise.
Any of the expenses, damages or losses incurred or sustained by the Client which arise from or as a result of the delay or cancellation of any scheduled flight, train or boat timetable which is out of the control of Travel East.
Any of the expenses, damages or losses incurred or sustained by the Client which arise from, or as a result of, changes in the travel programmes, routes or timetables.
Any of the expenses, damages or losses incurred or sustained by the Client which arise from or as a result of the missing the boarding of a flight, train, or boat due to client’s failure to comply with airline, train or boating check-in and boarding procedures.
It is also expressly declared that Travel East acts only as agents for the owners or contractors providing the means of transportation or other services during the course of the tour. All tickets for such means of transportation or other services are issued subject to any and all terms and conditions under which such services are offered or provided, (details available upon request) and the issuance and acceptance of such tickets shall be deemed to be consent by client to the further condition that Travel East shall not be or become liable or responsible in any way for any loss, damage, injury, accident, delay, changes in schedule, hotel overbooking or other inconveniences, frustration, upset caused to client.
- Force Majeure:
Travel East has the sole and absolute discretion to cancel or shorten the duration of any tour in the event of force majeure, hostilities, accident or other circumstances beyond the control of Travel East which renders it necessarily, Travel East’s reasonable opinion, that such steps be taken. Travel East shall be relieved of all liabilities and obligations resulting therefore, upon notice to the tour participants and full refund of any amount paid for the tour or the unused portions of the tour, as appropriate.
Your privacy is of the utmost importance to us.
Your email address or any other information you give us is used only for correspondence relating to your holiday or tour – Travel East does not rent, trade, nor sell the personal information you provide.
If you send us a request for information, an itinerary, or a booking, we will assume you are willing to provide the personal information that we require to design and manage your holiday or tour.
With the exceptions of breaches of Vietnamese and/or International law and Immigration regulations, together with information necessary for sub-contractors and agents to fulfill their responsibilities, anything you tell us will never be disclosed nor made available to any third party without your willing permission.
- Insurance Cover:
We advise that you take out an appropriate travel insurance that will cover any costs incurred with regard to unforeseeable cancellations or medical conditions.
You should you have medical insurance should you be engaging in high risk activities including diving, cycling, hiking or riding motorcycles.
If you have an existing illness or suffer from allergies please check with your local doctor and advise us in advance.
Acceptance of your booking is on the condition that we will not be liable for loss of property for any reason nor medical expenses due to illness or accidents. We prefer you advise us of the contact details of your insurer in the unlikely event of an accident.